Macro photography (also know as micro photography) is a unique style of photographing the world around us in a very close-up way.
Viewing the world at such a close-up perspective permits us to see things we have never seen before or have overlooked because of the size being so small.
Close-up photography, though technically not macro-photography, uses inexpensive tools and techniques to gain a much closer view of the subject than a normal lens permits.
• Learn the equipment used in macro and close-up photography.
• Discover and practice the techniques used to create stunning images.
• Work with special lighting equipment to illuminate the subject creatively.
• Experience a truly narrow depth-of-field view of the world.
Format: Predominately hands-on practice with a dash of technical discussion.
Location: In the same building as Advance Camera in Suite 8126 on the backside of the building.
Class Size: Limited to 4 – 10 people
Cost: $150 per person
• Your favorite camera and lens – macro lens(es) if you have any
• Camera manual
• Flash and manual – if you have an on/off camera flash unit
• Flash accessories – if you have any